Why undertake Kailash Manasarovar Yatra?
Mount Kailash is one of the world’s most sacred spots. It is believed that walking around Mount Kailash will cleanse our sins and bring good fortune. It is said that one trip around the sacred mountain will wipe away all the sins of current life time. Lord Shiva resides here amidst the snow clad mountains with Godess Parvathi. Mount Kailash is considered in many sects of Hinduism as heaven and the holy center of the world.
All hotel accommodations would be made in a deluxe hotel depending upon availability. The stay would be inclusive of the 3 board meals along with sightseeing arrangements and required transportations as per the Itinerary. The cost of the package would also include Tibet visa, entry permit and entry for Kailash parikrama. During the trek we provide packed lunch prepared by an Indian cook, the meals would be strictly vegetarian, the services would also include the association of a Nepalese guide who can speak English and Hindi. During the Parikrama, Yatrees can opt for the services of Yak and Yakman, however, the cost of the same has to be borne by the Yatrees. Other necessities such as first aid kid kit, oxygen cylinder and other utilities deemed vital for the travel will be carried by our team.
Duration: 12 nights and 13 days
On the first day of the Yatra, the yatrees would arrive at Kathmandu and transferred to the hotel.
On the second day, the Yatrees would be taken for special darshan in Kathmandu temples such as Pashupatinath temple, Gujeswori and Jalabishnu temple. The yatrees would also be briefed on the preparation of the Yatra before going to the Nepalese border of Kodari. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Drive Kathmandu to Nyalam 3750 m (156 kms). Drive to Nepal Tibet border (Kodari) walk to friendship bridge. After custom formalities drive to Nyalam. Overnight stay at Guest house.
The fourth day is reserved to acclimatize to the conditions. This is done with the intention of acquainting the Yatrees on the harsh weather conditions. The yatrees are taken for a short hike in the hills of Nyalam. After lunch take rest in guest house.
On the fifth day we drive to Dongba from Nyalam passing through some spectacular scenery points across the Thong la pass, which is 5,000m above sea level. The yatrees can view, some of the beautiful and breathtaking views of the peaks. Overnight stay in the guest house in Dongba.
Your wait is over on the sixth day, as you witness the divine darshan of holy Mt.Kailash and Manasarovar lake. Yatrees will halt at the guest house on the banks of the lake Manasarovar.
The eighth day marks the beginning of the walking around the sacred mountain of Kailash also known as “Parikrama”. The yatrees would be taken from Diraphuk (base camp for Kailashmanasarovar Yatrees) to Yamadwar in a vehicle for 7 kms. Those yatrees who cannot undertake the arduous Parikrama can stay back at Diraphuk. Yatrees can walk or opt for Yak or horse during the parikrama. Yatrees can witness the magnificient Northern view of Kailash Parvat and the beautiful sunset. Overnight stay at the mud house.
Parikrama continues on the ninth day, this is one of the toughest days for the Yatrees, as they have to trek up to Dolma La pass and Gowri Kund (which is 5,630 metres above sea level). Light lunch will be provided on the way. We will arrive at Zuthulphuk in the evening. Overnight stay the mud house for a well deserved rest.
The tenth day will be relatively easier to walk, compared to the earlier day. Yatrees have to walk for 7 kms till the point where our vehicles will be waiting to us. Later our vehicles will take us to Saga via Darchen and Manasarovar. Yatrees can fill the sacred Manasarovar water on the way to Saga. The yatrees will be accommodated in the guest house for overnight stay.
On the eleventh day, we drive to Nyalam after breakfast; and overnight stay at the guest house
On the next morning we drive to Kodari border and complete the immigration exit formalities. Later we continue to drive to Kathmandu and stay in hotel.
On the last day we drive to the Kathmandu International Airport to reach our respectieve destinations.
The package is inclusive of:
• 3 nights accomodation in Kathmandu in a 3/4/5 star hotel (As per chosen packages)
• Vegetarian meals 3 times a day
• Supporting crew including our own cooks
• Permits for Manasarovar and Parikrama
• Tibet Tourism Board (TTB) approved guide
• Transportation by deluxe A/C bus in Kailash and Non A/C bus- Nepal side
• All equipments for camping which include Tents, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent etc
• Sleeping bag/down jacket on a returnable basis
• Duffle bag (big bag for keeping personal clothes and equipments), small bag for day pack
• Services of an experienced tour manager
• Enough oxygen cylinder for entire group
Package is not inclusive of:
• Travel insurance
• Emergency evacuation expenses
• Personal expenditure
• Photography charges and telephone calls
• Medical expenses
• Any additional expenditure caused by reasons beyond our control such as
• Natural calamities
• Flight delays
• Rescheduling or cancellations
• Riots, strikes etc
• Extra cost incurred on transportation, porterage due to landslides, snow fall, adverse climatic conditions, political and natural disturbances and other unforeseen conditions
• Services other than specified in inclusions
• Yak/Pony charges will cost approximately USD 400 – USD 450 per Horse, Horse-man and personal helper for three days.
|Ex-Kathmandu||Standard Package||Deluxe Package||Five Star Package|
|Amount in Rs.||1,10,000||1,20,000||1,30,000|
|Special Permit fee*
PHYSICAL FITNESS :
Before embarking on this sacred pilgrimage, Yatrees need to keep themselves fit through regular exercise - by going to morning walk, free style exercises etc. All tourists aged above 70 need to undergo mandatory medical tests, if required they should consult their doctors regarding their fitness and what precautions they should take during their journey at high altitude.
It is advisable that all tourists take an insurance against accidents, medical and necessary emergency evacuation. You need to make sure that your insurance company provides coverage against evacuation at high altitude specifically.
Yatrees are recommended to bring the following items to cope against the cold weather in Tibet and other places.
1. Down Jacket (Available on a rental basis in Kathmandu).
2. Warm Thick Pullover.
3. Warm Thin Pullover.
4. Warm Pants .
5. Light loose cotton pants.
6. Warm wind proof jackets .
7. Cotton sleeve T-shirts .
8. Thermal under garments – atleast two or three.
9. Thermal vest/warm full T- Shirts – two.
10. Rain coat with hood/Poncho (should be roomy) – one.
11. “Broken – in” pair of ankle high walking boots & one extra shoe laces.
12. Light tennis shoes & light rubber sandals.
13. Warm woolen socks-six.
14. Light cotton or silk scarf-one.
15. Large cotton or silk scarf-1.
16. Warm gloves.
17.Soft paper tissues and handkerchief – plenty.
18. Monkey cap – two numbers.
19. Towels (one big, one small). etc.
20.Back pack (water proof).
21. Duffel bag.
22. Money belt.
23.Track suits – 2.
24. Shirts long sleeved made of wool of flannel.
25. Salwar sets – 3.
26. Towels – 2.
27. Eight pairs of cotton and two pairs of wollen socks.
28. Muffler – 1.
29. One pair woolen and one pair cotton gloves.
30. Pair of sandal with back strap – 1.
31. One pair of hiking boots and one pair of sports shoes.
32. Under garments – 12.
33. Shawl – 1.
34. Woolen sweater with high neck – 1.
35. Monkey cap – 1.
36. Wind cheater with a hood (water proof) – 1.
37. Loose fitting trousers – 2.
38. Thermals – 2 (two legging and two vests).
39. Night wears – 2.
40 T-shirts – 2.
1. Sun block cream.
2. Tooth paste and brush.
4. Skin moisturizer.
5. Toilet tissue rolls & soaps (important).
6. Hand mirror.
7. Wide tooth comb.
8. Lip balm.
1. Video camera with extra batteries.
2. Torch with batteries.
3. Water can with m-seal for bringing the Holy water from the lake.
4. Sun glass with retainer (thread/chain) -1.
5. Whistle to hang around neck while doing Parikrama/Kora.
6. 500 ml thermos flask Holder with mug cover.
7. One liter water bottle.
8. Swiss army knife.
FIRST AID MEDICAL KITS:
1. Daimox (magic pill for high altitude sickness).
2. Paracetamol (Crocin).
3. Pain killer.
4. Eye drops for burning eyes.
5. Multivitamin pills.
6. Antibiotic (as prescribed by the your doctor).
7. Motion sickness and high altitude sickness medicine.
8. Vicks vaporub.
9. Water purification Tablet.
10. Neosprin ointment.
11. Band aid.
12. Antihistamine (contact cc).
14. Electral powder.
Important Note: Please consult your personal physician/doctor before you carry any medicine, as some medicines are known to cause side-effect/allergies.
*.The age limit for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is 70 years.
You can pay using your credit or debit cards when you visit our office for payment.
You need to furnish the CVV number of your debit or credit card when you make the payment through your credit or debit cards.
DD/Cheque has to be drawn in favour of “Sankara Yatra” payable at Bangalore.
|Beneficiary Name||Sankara Yatra|
|Beneficiary Bank||State Bank of Travancore|
|A/C Type||Current A/C|
|Branch name and Address||Dollars colony branch, New no.1, 5th main Chikkamaranahalli, RMV 2nd Stage, Bangalore – 560094.|
On request, DD/Cheques can be collected at your doorstep from Bangalore & Chennai cities only.
For any details and clarifications, please call us on: 044 40593399 / 40593388 (Chennai) and 080- 43000900 (Bangalore).