Arrival at Srinagar
- Arrival at Srinagar in the evening
- If time permits sightseeing at Srinagar in the evening
Srinagar to Baltal Base camp
- Leaving Srinagar to Baltal Base camp, Arrival at Base Camp and trek to cave
Proceed to Srinagar
- After Darshan at Cave return to Baltal Base Camp & proceed to Srinagar
- Leaving Srinagar by Road and will reach Srinagar
Amarnath cave is a Hindu shrine located in Jammu and Kashmir, India. The cave is situated at an altitude of 3,888 m (12,756 ft), about 141 km (88 mi) from Srinagar the capital of Jammu and Kashmir and reached through Pahalgam town. The shrine forms an important part of Hinduism and is considered to be one of the holiest shrines in Hinduism. The cave is surrounded by snowy mountains. The cave itself is covered with snow most of the year except for a short period of time in summer when it is open for pilgrims. Thousands of Hindu devotees make an annual pilgrimage to the Amarnath cave on challenging mountainous terrain to see an ice stalagmite formed inside the cave.
Inside the 40 m (130 ft) high Amarnath cave, the stalagmite is formed due to freezing of water drops that fall from the roof of the cave on to the floor and grows up vertically from the cave floor. It is considered to be a Shiva Linga by Hindus. The Cave waxes during May to August, as snow melts in the Himalayas above the cave and the resultant water seeps into the rocks that form the cave and gradually wanes thereafter. As per the religious beliefs, it has been claimed that the lingam grows and shrinks with the phases of the moon reaching its height during the summer festival, although there is no scientific evidence for this belief.
ABOVE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation in Hotel in Srinagar and Tent in Panchtarni.
- Yatra Registration Pass on High Priority basis.
- Non A/c Vehicle from Srinagar airport – Sonmarg - Neelgrath (Baltal) – Srinagar.
- Helicopter from Baltal – Panchtarni – Baltal.
- All taxes.
- Warm woollen clothing
- Thermals (mandatory)
- Warm gloves
- Cotton T-shirts
- Diamox (for high altitude sickness)
- Vaseline and lip balms
- Antibiotics (in consultation with your doctor)
- Regular medicines for chronic ailments
- Dry fruits, sweet and sour eatables to reduce the chances of Dehydration
- While walking have amirtanjan or any balm like tiger balm. You may have mountain sickness and headache, vomiting. But carry little medicine. Have one torch light in tent.
- Those going by helicopter do not take shaving set scissors blade etc.
- Heart Patients and BP patients not advisable to undertake journey
ABOVE PACKAGE EXCLUDES:
- Pony, Mules, Dolly Charges For the trek.
- Compulsory Medical Health Certificate.
- Any other expenses which is not mentioned here.
- Medical expenses
- Flight/Train Charges from Bangalore & Chennai to Srinagar.
|Date of Travel:||06th July 2018|
It is our most important concern and aim that you enjoy your trip enabling us to earn your trust. However, we are not responsible for any cancellation due to any adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, and technical failure of any type of transport we use, late arrivals or force majeure or for any reasons beyond our control.
If cancellation is made before following days prior to the onward journey excluding date of journey if paid in full,
- 30 days prior for North India - 90% of tour charges
- 15 Days prior to North India - 75% of tour charges
- Less than 15 days for North India - No refund
Advance/Part payment towards the booking is not refundable. Cancellation & refund rules will also apply to those who have booked the seats less than the above specified period.
You have the right at any time to cancel the booking but if you do so, must make the cancellation in writing. The cancellation rules behind the provisional receipt will apply.
Tours will be confirmed subject to minimum of breakeven points depending to the capacity of the vehicle; otherwise we hold the right to cancel the tour. Cancellation will be informed to you 10 days before the actual departure.
Cancellation & refund rules will also apply to those who have booked the seats less than the above specified period.
- There might be non-availability of certain hotels due to Elections in various states; due to which rooms in huge numbers might have been booked in prominent hotels. In this regard there might be change in the hotels; customers will be accomodated in best possible hotels where rooms are available.
- Customers need to take care of their belongings and keep it safe custody. Sankara Yatra; or its associates are not responsible for the loss, pilferage, misplace of any personal belongings, jewellery or any other belongings of the customer.
- Sankara Yatra will not bear medical expenses arising from injury, spasm, stiffness or any other injuries to the customer during the yatra. Any expenses arising out of such happenings during the course of the Yatra should be borne by the customer.
Mode of Payment:
DD / Cheque
DD/Cheque has to be drawn in favour of “Sankara Yatra” payable at Bangalore.
Online / NEFT
You can also deposit cash or make online/NEFT payment in favour of Sankara Yatra
|Payee Name||Sankara Yatra|
|Bank Name||State Bank of India|
|Branch||RMV DOLLAR COLONY|
|A/C type||Current A/C|