Arrival at Kathmandu
- Arrival in Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel (1350m) On your arrival in Kathmandu airport, our company representative will welcome you, and transfer to hotel.
- After check in the hotel, short briefing for Kailash tour and other necessary information - Overnight in hotel.
Half day Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and fly to Nepalgunj
- Morning after breakfast, tour orientation program, you will set off for sightseeing tour. You will visit Pashupatinath temple (the most sacred temple of Hindus), Mata Guheswori temple & Budhanilkantha temple (Shesh Shaiya Vishnu, also known as sleeping Vishnu).
- After finishing the tour, you will return to the hotel. Lunch will be served between 12 Noon to 1 p.m. After lunch, you will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight to Nepalgunj.
- Nepalgunj, situated south-west from Kathmandu, is the gateway to far Western mountain regions of Nepal. The duration of flight is about an hour. Our representative will meet you at Nepalgunj airport then transfer to hotel.
- Evening, you will have leisure time on your own.
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight: 1 hour.
- Accommodation: Hotel
FLY TO SIMIKOT & OVERNIGHT STAY
- Early morning, at 5.00 a.m., transfer to Nepalgunj airport for your flight to Simikot. The flight between Nepalgunj and Simikot takes about an hour.
- The air route to Simikot passes over the remote mountain region of Nepal where whether often gets cloudy and notorious.
- Generally, the weather in the mountain area, in the morning, is calm and clear. This is the reason why we should fly to Simikot early morning.Simikot is situated at an altitude of 2910 m., this is an ideal place to make a night halt for acclimatization motive.Simikot has a STOL airport (Short Take Off and Landing) where only small aircraft can go.
- The aircraft, we fly from Nepalgunj, can carry only 15 people at a time.We stay overnight in Simikot for acclimatization.
- Overnight Stay (dormitory room & common bath room).
Nepalgunj to Simikot flight: 1 hour.
Aircraft type: Dronier or Twin otter.
Carrying capacity: Only 16 people at a time.
Elevation of Simikot: 2910 m/9545 fts.
Expected temperature: Day Time: 18 to 25 degree Celsius, Night Time: 4 to -2 degree Celsius.
Climatic condition: Generally cloudy & rainy
SIMIKOT – HILSA (BY HELICOPTER) THEN ENTRY TAKLAKOT (TIBET)
- Early morning, after breakfast, you will pack up our baggage then trek down to the airport and board on the helicopter. The helicopter flight from Simikot to Hilsa takes about 25 minutes (one way) only.
- The flight route passes through deep Karnali River-gorge and narrow remote valleys, where weather normally turns windy & cloudy from late morning onward. So, we try to operate more shuttle flights early in the morning and bring all group members to Hilsa.
- We operate Euro copter (B3) that can carry only 5 persons + 10 kg luggage at a time. Since, helicopter has limited capacity to carry, we request you not to carry any unnecessary stuff. We use two helicopters at a time, so we can airlift our group members to Hilsa as soon as possible.
- After all group members shifted to Hilsa by helicopter, you will cross the border then drive to Taklakot (Purang).
- As per the visa rule of the Chinese government, all group members should enter together and exit together. So, until and unless all members do not come to Hilsa, no one can cross the border.
- The drive from Hilsa to Taklakot takes about 45 minutes. The driving distance is about 27 k.m
Simikot to Hilsa: By helicopter.
Flight duration: 25 minutes
Carrying capacity: 5 persons + 10 kg baggage each.
Hilsa to Chinese immigration (Sher): Only 10 minutes walk.
Sher to Taklakot: 27 km, 45 minutes drive by Bus.
Elevation of Taklakot: 4025 m./13202 fts.
Expected temperature: Day Time: 22 to 28 degree Celsius, Night Time: up to -3 degree Celsius.
General climatic condition: Mild windy.
TAKLAKOT TO LAKE MANSAROVAR
- As usual, after having morning meal, we pack our belongings, then board on the vehicle and be ready to move towards Lake Manasarovar.
- Right from the beginning, the highway commences making gradual ascend. The road still keeps ascending up to the high pass that lies before Rakshas Lake. The lake ‘Rakshas’ represents the devil force.
- This is where Ravana, ‘the mighty King of Lanka’, had performed a penance to lord Shiva for 5000 years. We will take a brief halt at the shore of Lake Rakshas, soak in views and take pictures; then continue our journey towards Lake Manasarovar, then walk to the lakeshore for having sacred dip.
- We will have afternoon meal; board on the vehicle then set off for circumambulation around the lake. The entire circumference of the lake is presumably 82 km, and it demands a minimum two hours to accomplish this part of the journey.
- We check in to the Guesthouse of lake Manasarovar (Chiugompa) and perform pooja. After pooja.Overnight guesthouse.
Taklakot to Lake Manasarovar: 88 km, one & half hour.
Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m./14,925 fts
Expected temperature: Day Time: 22 to 32 degree Celsius; Night Time: -3 to -4 degree.
Climatic condition: Windy
DRIVE, MANASAROVAR TO DARKEN
- Today after breakfast, we once again can walk down to lakeshores once again, take sacred dip and start worshipping, praying and conducting an offering ceremony. The activity may continue till lunch hour.
- After lunch, we will pack our gear up and proceed to Darchen, the foothill of mount Kailash. Driving Distance between Lake Manasarovar to Darchen is approximately. 35 km and it requires 45 minutes to reach Darchen.
- Darchen is a small town situated on the foothill of Kailash, just below the south face. The place is being completely commercialized now. There, we get choices of hotels/guesthouses. For pilgrims; it is not so pleasant place to stay but it is better to halt for a night here before heading out for trekking around Kailash. This allows you to be acclimatized properly before attempting circumambulation around Kailash.
- Asthapad is situated just above Darchen. Now, it is forbidden to visit since a couple of years back. The distance from Darchen to Asthapad is about 7 km.
Overnight at Shisapanga Guesthouse.
Lake manasarovar to Darken: 35 km, 45 Min drive.
Elevation of Darchen: 4664 m./15,285 fts.
Expected temperature: day time: 18 to 28 degree Celsius/night time: -4 to -5 degree
Average climatic condition: Windy and partly cloudy.
DRIVE TO YAMA DWARA- THEN TREK TO DERAPHUK
- Today is the day that we start sacred circumambulation around holy Kailash. As usual, we will be ready to move on from Darchen early morning.
- From Darchen, we drive to Yam Dwar (also called Tarboche in Tibetan language) which is 5 km in distance. In Yama Dwar, we meet our horse/ porter/ yaks then set off together to Deraphuk.
- Those who are not attempting Parikrama will return back to Darchen and wait there for two days. We will stay in Darchen, when other members who have gone for circumambulation will return. The entire trail up to Deraphuk is reasonably flat with gentle ascend, however due to extreme elevation of this region, we feel exhausted, and need to have breaks on the way very frequently. The last legs of the journey is tough with rapid ascend. But, it is only for half an hour.
- Deraphuk stands at an elevation of 4920 m. The north face of mount Kailash is just a few thousands meters away from here. This is the only place to have a close view of north face.Overnight …
Yama Dwar to Dhirapuk: 10 km | 5 – 6 hour trek.
Elevation of Deraphuk: 4920 m. | 16,138 fts.
Expected temperature: Day Time: 12 to 18 degree Celsius; Night Time: -5 to -8 degree.
Average climatic condition: windy | partly cloudy & rainy
DERAPHUK TO ZUTUPHUK
- Today you have to cross a significant distance through the rugged portion of the trail around the mount Kailash before reaching Zuthulphuk.
- From Deraphuk, we should start very early. Right from the beginning, the trail leads you rapidly up, however in between it turns into flat with gentle ascend. Up to Dolma-La (5600 m.), the path keeps you taking up & up.
- Dolma La is the highest point of this journey. From this onward, the trail leads you all the way down to the valley floor.
- This particular portion of the trek is a rapid incline and the track is full of boulders and screes, so one should pay continue attention while trekking down.
- While descending from Dolma La, we will pass alongside a small glacial pool, which is almost frozen during May through September. This is Gaurikunda. The legend of this pool is connected with Mata Parvati, the consorts of lord Shiva.Once we make descend journey to the valley floor, the trail becomes flat & easy up to the Zutulphuk.Overnight..
Dhiraphuk to Zuthulphuk: 21 km (8 – 9 hours trek).
The highest point to cross over: Dolma La pass (5600 m./18,368 fts).
Elevation of Zuthulphuk: 4820 m./15,810 fts.
Expected temperature: 14 to 22 degree Celsius/ night time: -3 to -5 degree.
Average climatic condition: Windy.
Juthulpuk to Hilsa
- Undoubtedly, today is the most hectic day of your journey. You, yet to go for another 06 km walk to accomplish the circumambulation; then drive all the way to Taklakot.
- As usual after morning meals, you will pack up your belongings then be ready to move on to Darchen. It requires presumably 3 hours reaching the ending point of this trail where our vehicle is waiting to fetch you up.
- After assembling all group members, you will board on vehicle and proceed for Taklakot.Overnight.
- Zuthulphuk to trek ending point: 08 km, 3 hours.Trek ending point to Taklakot: 105 km, 2 hours.
Fly Hilsa to Simikot to Nepalgunj and Kathmandu
- It takes 45 minutes to reach Hilsa, where you have to go through the immigration formalities. From Taklakot, a military person will accompany the group to escort towards Hilsa.
- After having luggage checked and going through some formalities again in the boarder, you will cross over the Suspension bridge of Karnali River, then enter into the territory of Nepal then fly to Simikot.Overnight.Taklakot to Hilsa boarder: 27 km, 45 minutes. Hilsa to Simikot flight by Helicopter: 25 minutes.
Extra Days in Kathmandu
- Early morning fly to Nepalgunj by aircraft then continue fly or drive to Kathmandu.
Departure to Home
- It is time to say Good bye!!! You will be transferred to Tribhuvan International airport for your flight back home.
- As per the international flight regulation; your presence at the airport check in counter should be three hours prior to the departure time.
- We will arrange vehicle accordingly!!! Have a pleasant journey back home!!!
- Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
- Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
- Indian Passport holders do not require a visa for Nepal.
The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
VISA PROCESS FOR NRI
- Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal.
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration.
For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 3 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
- Airport pick up and drop
- Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (twin sharing based )
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Nepalgunj
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Simikot
- Schedule flight of Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu
- Schedule flight of Nepalgunj-Simikot-Nepalgunj
- Chartered helicopter from Simikot-Hilsa-Simikot
- Group sharing guesthouse in Kailash part as per itinerary
- Buffet Indian veg. meals (breakfast/dinner/packed lunch) during the trip
- transportation by bus/van
- Truck to keep goods, your big bags and foods
- Kailash permit and visa
- Entrance fees of Lake Manasarovar and Kailash
- All camping equipment for kitchen
- Yaks & Yak men for luggage during Kailash Parikrama.
- All service charges and taxes
- Personal Horse and Helper during Kailash Parikrama/Kailash Round/ Kailash Kora
- Using extra nights in hotel/ guesthouse (except the hotels mentioned in the itinerary)
- Rescue/ evacuation or all the extra costs incurred due to split from the main group or serious health condition insurance
- Expenses of Personal nature
- Any extra expenses due to flight delay/ cancel with valid reason
- Any extra cost due to late permit/visa from Tibet part
- Tipping to staffs
- Hotel/ Guest house upgrading
More than 3 nights’ accommodation and other activities in Kathmandu are extra. In case of delay permit from Tibet Yatrees have to wait in Kathmandu, in case of early return from Kailash, flight cancellation due to weather or any other reason which is not in our hand; Change your flight date for earlier or late date because of those reason, clients have to bear all the expenses self.
China visa for KMY
The China Embassy has changed the Visa rule for Indians travelling to Kailash Manasarovar and with immediate effect all Indian passports are to be presented to China Embassy in Delhi for visa purpose irrespective of Nationality of the traveler. China Embassy usually takes 06 working days for granting such visa. For non-Indian passport holders visa to visit Kailash Manasarovar can be applied with China Embassy in Kathmandu with sufficient time to embassy for grant of visa. China Embassy usually takes 02 working days for granting such visa. So the NRI Yatrees are requested to come and stay 2 days early for applying the visa.
Sometimes due to last minute changes in the government rules or in case of natural calamities like floods, landslides, etc., a few changes in the itinerary may happen. We seek your cooperation at these times.
Itinerary and schedules are subject to change in event of unfavorable weather condition. Sankara Yatra reserves right to change date or cancel the trip under the circumstances beyond its control.
|Date of Travel:||Every Year from May to Sep|
- Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
- Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
- Upon the confirmation 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable.
- In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
- Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
- All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) OR passport original while traveling by air.
- The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in itinerary by the Chinese authorities etc.
- Rs.25,000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
- 80% cancellation charges of the rate package cost incase cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
- No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Mode of Payment:
DD / Cheque
DD/Cheque has to be drawn in favour of “Sankara Yatra” payable at Bangalore.
Online / NEFT
You can also deposit cash or make online/NEFT payment in favour of Sankara Yatra
|Payee Name||Sankara Yatra|
|Bank Name||State Bank of India|