Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 m). Overnight at Hotel
- Welcome at the Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu.
- Our representative will greet you and escort you to the hotel for check-in and stay overnight.
Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trip preparation. Overnight at Hotel
- After breakfast sightseeing of major heritage sites of Kathmandu valley. Visit Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath and Kathmandu Durbar squire.
- Back to hotel and stay at trip briefing. Free time for shopping and packing for your trip. Overnight at Hotel
DRIVE, KATHMANDU- SHYABRUBESHI
- Early morning, you will be setting off for Syabrubeshi. Syabrubeshi, a small town, borders with Kyirong county of Tibet/ China, situated about 170 km north of Kathmandu.
- This fascinating country drive takes approximately 8 hours to reach Syabrubeshi. Some 70 km part of the highway is very slender; so it can be a risky journey to drive fast.
- Lunch will be served on the way & overnight stay in guesthouse/ hotel in Syabrubeshi.
- Overnight stay at Guesthouse (Dormitory room with common toilet).
- Kathmandu to Shyabrubeshi: 170 km | 6 hours drive. Elevation of Syabrubeshi: 1450 m. | 4756 ft.
CROSS THE BORDER THEN DRIVE TO KYIRONG VALLEY
- Morning after breakfast, drive to Friendship Bridge. The distance to drive is approximately 10 K.M. You will cross the friendship bridge and go through the immigration formalities and continue drive to Kyirong valley.
- It is 22 km driving distance from Friendship Bridge to Kyirong valley.
- Overnight Guesthouse/ hotel (Dormitory room with common Tibetan toilet)- Shyabrubeshi to Border: 10 km | 15 minutes. China/ Tibet border to Kyirong town: 22 km | 1 hour. Elevation of Kyirong: 2600 m. | 8528 ft.
REST IN KYIRONG FOR ACCLIMATIZATION PURPOSE
- Today, you will stay in Kyirong for acclimatization purpose. It is advisable to walk around the city to keep your body active.
- It is also better to do a mild hiking during the day time and keep drinking lots of water.
- Overnight Guesthouse (Dormitory room with common Tibetan toilet)- Elevation of Kyirong: 2600 m. | 8528 ft.
DRIVE, KYIRONG TO OLD DONGBA
- The very first Tibetan town you will reach from Kyirong is Saga. Saga is situated at the bank of River Brahmaputra that has origins in Kailash.
- From Kailash the river flows to Lhasa then drops to Assam from Arunachalam Pradesh.
- Our destination of today is old Dongba. Old Dongba is about 140km far from Saga. The total driving hours of today is 220 km and it takes about 5 hours.
- Overnight Sishapangma Guesthouse or similar (dormitory bedroom) Kyirong to old Dongba: 220 km | 6 hrs drive. Elevation of old Dongba: 4500 m. | 14760 fts.
DRIVE FROM OLD DONGBA TO LAKE MANSASAROVAR (CHIU GOMPA)
- Early morning, you will depart from old Dongpa to further destination, Lake Manasarovar.
- After reaching Horchu (the east coast of Lake Manasarovar), you will change the Bus and start making a circumambulation (parikrama) of this holy lake on Bus from clockwise direction.
- On the way, we will make a halt in a suitable place (at the Bank of Lake Manasarovar) for holy dip & performing Pooja & hawana. Evening reach Chiugompa and stay overnight in Guesthouse.
- Overnight Guest House (dormitory bed rooms) Old Drongba to Lake Manasarovar: 325 km | 6 hrs drive. Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. | 14924 fts.Puja and Hawana at the Lakeshore during the course of parikrama.
DRIVE, LAKE MANASAROVAR TO DARCHEN
- Darchen is situated 35 km north of Lake Manasarovar is a small town on the foothill of Kailash.
- Also, this is the gateway to Parikrama.
- From here, the trek starting point (Yama Dwar) is about 5km.
DRIVE, TO YAMA DWAR THEN START TREKKING TO DHIRAPUK VIA DARCHEN
- Darchen is the gateway of trekking around mount Kailash. It is situated on the foothill of mount Kailash, below the south face.
- Asthapad is situated 4 km up in the mountain and Tarboche (Yama Dwar) is 7 km west from Darchen. A complete circumambulation of mount Kailash commences from this point and ends here.
- The total circumference of mount Kailash from Darchen to Darchen is 52 km. Darchen offers an array of accommodation-quality than any other places en route to Kailash. As usual, we will be ready to move on from Manasarovar to Tarboche (Yam Dwar) after breakfast.
- The drive takes about an hour as we have to make a brief halt in Darchen to process for local permit. Yam Dwar is the best vantage point that provides splendid views of south and west faces of mount Kailash.
- This is probably the best place to have a closed view. Those; who are not undertaking circumambulation trip are advised to visit Tarboche.
- Tarboche is the place where our horse/s, yak/s and porter gather and accompany us for trekking part.
- Those, who are participating for circumambulation, will move ahead to Deraphuk from this point and rest will return to Darchen and wait until the people return from parikrama.The complete trek around mount Kailash takes 3 days.
- The distance of first day’s trek (from Yama Dwara to Deraphuk) is about 10 km. only and it takes 5 to 7 hours approx. to cover the distance. The entire trail up to Deraphuk is reasonably flat with gentle ascend, however due to its extreme elevation, we may feel very exhausted, and need to have break on the way very frequently.
- The last legs of the journey is tough with rapid ascend. But, it is only for half an hour. Deraphuk stands at an elevation of 4920 m. The north face of mount Kailash is just a few thousands meters away from here. This is the only place to have a close view of north face.
- Overnight Guesthouse. Tarboche (Yama Dwar) to Deraphuk: 10 km | 5 to 7 hours walk.- Elevation of Deraphuk: 4920 m. | 16138 fts.
TREK TO SHIVASTHAL, GAURIKUNDA (5620 m) THEN ZUTULPHUK
- Today is the toughest longest journey of this trip. We have to trek almost 22 km through rugged highland to reach Zuthulphuk.
- Literally, we have to pack up our gear and set off from hotel at 5 a.m. Chinese time. Initially, it is an uphill trek from Deraphuk but after walking for an hour or so, the trail turns into mild ascend.
- Half of the trail passes through an elevation of 4900 m./16,000 ft. or above, so there is no wonder if we get suffered from breathlessness or headache. Though, we should try to keep our pace slow & steady. Please do not forget to carry water bottle, down jacket, raincoat and some dry fruits & chocolates with you. Everybody has different pace of walking. People might not be around when you them.
- So, you have to be self-dependent in basic things. After making an uphill trek for about 4 hours or so, we will reach to a high pass where we will find Tibetan prayers flags fluttering.
- This is called ‘Dolma La pass’ (5800 m.). This is the highest point that we will be crossing over during this divine trip. After making a gentle descend from the pass, we will find our self near a tiny glacial lake. This is ‘Gauri Kunda’. From Gauri kunda, the trail leads us rapidly down through the area full of boulders and loose pebbles. Going down can be difficult and painful than coming up. If we have taken horse, we can’t even use it in this bit.
- After trekking down for another 1 half hour or so from Gauri Kunda, we will eventually reach to the valley floor. From this point on, the trail is easy flat. It is another 2 hours easy-walk to reach Zuthulphuk from here.
- Overnight Night Guesthouse or Monastery guesthouse (Mud house) | dormitory. Deraphuk to Zuthulphuk: 22 km | 9 hours,- Elevation of Zuthulphuk: 4820 m. | 15810 fts.
TREK, ZUTULPHUK TO TREK ENDING POINT, & DRIVE BACK TO OLD DZONGBA
- Today is the last day of this divine circumambulation. Morning after breakfast, we pack up our gear and move on to Darchen. The entire trail is easy and flat. The trek takes about 3 hours to complete.
- Our Vehicle is waiting for us at the final point; which is before Darchen. We board on the Bus then start our journey to further destination. First, we reach to the point (eastern shore of Manasarovar) where we had left our vehicle.
- We board on the same vehicle and move ahead. We will drive over the Mayum La pass, military barricade, Paryang, sand-dunes area then eventually reach to old Dzongba in the evening.
- Picnic lunch will be served somewhere after the Mayum La Pass.Zutulphuk to Darchen: 8 km | 3 hours walk. Darchen to Dzongba: 350 km | 5 hours.Elevation of old Dzongba: 4500 m. | 14760 fts.
OLD DZONGBA TO KYIRONG
- Morning after breakfast, we pack up our belongings then set off for Paryang. Today, we traverse approximately 210 km to reach Kyirong.
- On the way, we cross Saga and river Brahmaputra then drive take right turn to Kyirong before we reach Peiku lake.
- Overnight Guesthouse (Dormitory room with common Tibetan toilet) Old Dzongba to Kyirong: 280 km | 6 hours.Elevation of Kyirong: 2600 m. | 8528 fts.
RETURN BACK TO KATHMANDU
- After breakfast, we drive down to the border then continue drive to Kathmandu. The drive takes about 6 hours to reach Kathmandu. Evening free for independent activities.
- Overnight Hotel Kyirong to Border: 22 km | 45 minutes. Shyabribeshi to Kathmandu: 170 km | 6 hours.
- Transfer to international airport for your flight back home.
- Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
- Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
- A valid passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the sojourn.
Please note that diplomatic passports are not allowed.
- PIO/OCI or any other ID cards are not accepted in Tibet.
- Indian Passport holders do not require a visa for Nepal.
The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
VISA PROCESS FOR NRI
- Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal.
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration.
For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 3 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
- Three nights Hotels at Kathmandu on twin sharing with all vegetarian meals.
- International arrival and departure transfers.
- Half day sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath, Guheswori Mata temple & sleeping Vishnu
- Vegetarian Indian meals prepared by our cook during Kailash Yatra
- Guesthouse accommodation in Tibet (dormitory) for the entire journey
- Kathmandu- Kerung border- Kathmandu transfers by private Non A/c Bus
- Nepali staff (experienced Tour Leader, Professional Sherpa Guide and cook and helper boys).
- Transfer in Tibet by Luxury Bus
- Supporting truck in Tibet for carrying foods & equipment.
- Transportation in Kailash-Manasarovar area by Green vehicle (pollution free vehicle)
- Manasarovar Parikrama by Eco vehicle
- Necessary travel permits, entry permit & other necessary documents.
- Kitchen equipment and fuel. Environmental protection fees
- Yak & Yak-man for Parikrama part (ratio of yaks: 3 passengers = 1 yak).
- Basic medical kit (first aid) during the trip.
- Oxygen cylinders for emergency use.
- Drinking water during the tour (3 bottles each per day).
- Tibet group visas for all group members and Nepali staff.
- Down jackets for all members during the trip.
- Asthapad visit for those who are not taking part in Parikrama (by walk only)
- All applicable taxes & service charges
- International flight ticket charges.
- Personal horse for riding (It costs approx. INR. 30,000 for three days).
- Porter during the parikrama (It costs approx. INR. 15,000 for three days).
- Bottled soft drinks and beverages (coke, fanta, energy drinks, etc.)
- Personal expenses, laundry, telephone service etc.
- Nepal visa fees for NRI’s. Visa splitting charge & transport cost in case of emergency or on early return.
- Personal medicine, personal travel insurance and insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation.
- Any extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances and natural calamity.
- Extra hotel night in Kathmandu incase of early return from Tibet
- Tips & gratitude’s for staff
- Adjustment in Nepal (refund or service) against any unutilized services in Tibet
China visa for KMY
The China Embassy has changed the Visa rule for Indians travelling to Kailash Manasarovar and with immediate effect all Indian passports are to be presented to China Embassy in Delhi for visa purpose irrespective of Nationality of the traveler. China Embassy usually takes 06 working days for granting such visa. For non-Indian passport holders visa to visit Kailash Manasarovar can be applied with China Embassy in Kathmandu with sufficient time to embassy for grant of visa. China Embassy usually takes 02 working days for granting such visa. So the NRI Yatrees are requested to come and stay 2 days early for applying the visa.
Sometimes due to last minute changes in the government rules or in case of natural calamities like floods, landslides, etc., a few changes in the itinerary may happen. We seek your cooperation at these times.
Itinerary and schedules are subject to change in event of unfavorable weather condition. Sankara Yatra reserves right to change date or cancel the trip under the circumstances beyond its control.
|Date of Travel:||Every Year from May to Sep|
- Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
- Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
- Upon the confirmation 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable.
- In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
- Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
- All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) OR passport original while traveling by air.
- The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in itinerary by the Chinese authorities etc.
- Rs.25,000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
- 80% cancellation charges of the rate package cost incase cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
- No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Mode of Payment:
DD / Cheque
DD/Cheque has to be drawn in favour of “Sankara Yatra” payable at Bangalore.
Online / NEFT
You can also deposit cash or make online/NEFT payment in favour of Sankara Yatra
|Payee Name||Sankara Yatra|
|Bank Name||State Bank of India|