About ‘MAHA RUDRA HOMA’
Lord Shiva is known as the destroyer of all evil forces and negative energies. He is regarded as the Supreme lord of the universe; Lord Shiva is the manokaraka (fulfiller of desires in our mind) and inner peace.
Rudram is one of the famous names of Lord Shiva. Chanting of Rudra Homam bestows one with long life and gets victory over death. It is also known to cleanse previous birth effects and other disorders. One can also get relief from financial instability, problems at work through Rudra Homam.
Importance of Homam
The chanting of the first anuvaka (Entire Rudra is divided into eleven anuvakas) is to appease the Lord to those who do not obey on his orders. The second to ninth anuvakas have the names of the lord attributing to his supremacy, omnipresence and other aspects. In the tenth Anuvaka prayers are addressed to Rudra devaru for fulfilling his desires and remove all the obstacles. The Rudra Ganas (The Shiva ganas comprise of bhoothas, naagas, yakshas, pramathis, pisachas, raksha ganas, vinayakas, guhyakas, manushya and deva gandharvas, vidhyadharas, and siddhas) are worshipped in the eleventh anuvaka. The constant repetition of the Vedic mantras used for traditional rituals invokes the cosmic powers eliminating the negative powers. The effect of the Homam increases manifold if mantras are repeated constantly.
The Rudra Homa cleanses the internal spiritual system of a person by the grace of Rudra devaru. Rudra is considered to be the greatest universal penances. Legend says that Lord Krishna chanted Rudra during the war of Kurukshetra.
Why participate in Maha Rudra Homa at Kailash?
- Mt.Kailash is the abode of Godess Parvathi and Lord Shiva
- Performing ‘Maha Rudra Homa’ at the abode of Lord Shiva is bound to increase the ‘phala’ of the homa manifold the positive effects of the homa
- ‘Maha Rudra Homa’ is being organized for the first time ever in Mt.Kailash
- Golden opportunity to witness the grand spectacle unfold with 65 Rithwiks reciting Rudra in the holy abode of Lord Shiva
- Opportunity to take Sankalpa of the homa, Maha Prasadam, Raksha (holy ash) of Maha Rudra Homa to those who cannot attend the homa in Mt.Kailash
Rudra Homa is a fire ritual undertaken and recommended for pacifying the Navagraha (Nine planets). It invokes the energy of Lord Shiva and brings relief from negativity while providing enlightenment to those performing the homa.
The entire Rudra is divided into 11 Anuvakas. (Anuvaka means one section of Rudra).
- The constant repetition of the Vedic mantras used for traditional rituals invokes the cosmic powers eliminating the negative powers. The effect of the Homam increases manifold if mantras are repeated constantly.
- The Rudra Homa cleanses the internal spiritual system of a person by the grace of Rudra devaru. Rudra is considered to be the greatest universal penances. Legend says that Lord Krishna chanted Rudra during the war of Kurukshetra.
- It is also chanted as a shield (kavacha) for virulent fever, to cure diseases, foetal disorders, absolution from evils stars and bad karma, for the fulfilment of one’s desires, sumptuous rainfall, family protection, blessings with good children, and fulfilment of all material desires and the destruction of enemies.
- It is also chanted for the increase of intelligence, improvement of health, wealth, progeny, clothes, cows, sons, education, lands, longevity and obtaining liberation.
- It is chanted/homa performed for the cure of tuberculosis, diabetics and leprosy.
A special Sankalpa mantra will be taken in your name with a specific prayer along with your nakshatra and gotra. The Sankalpa mantra will act as a bridge between you and positive energy created during the homa.
This Maha Yagna is conducted at Darchen near Kailash on June 26th to 28th June-2018 by a team of Rithwiks comprising of 65 Rithwiks, headed by Shri Srinivas the head of Surabharati Sanskrit and Cultural Foundation, Bengaluru who is a Vedic scholar and upasaka of Lord Shiva.
Any one belonging to Brahmin family and eligible to chant Ved and having learned to chant Rudra and Chamakam with proper Swar can join as volunteer. Rithwiks form the core group of volunteers needed to perform the homa as mentioned in the shastra. In short, they recite the homa along with the Chief priest of the homa. They will give one accounting booklet to keep track of the number of Rudra completed by them. It is like a diary. They make an entry each day as to the number completed by them.
Yes. However, to qualify as a Rithwiks they have to satisfy the above condition and as per discretion of management of Sankara Yatra.
Yes. Whatsapp your details to 9902209565 with the following information detailed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Detailed correspondence address to send prasada and raksha of homa
Please call us on 080 43 000 900 or 76 76 919. You can also write to us on: firstname.lastname@example.org