Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 m). Overnight at Hotel
- Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 m) transfer to Hotel Vaishali / Hotel Royal Singi/ Yellow Pagoda or Similar (1350m)
Kathmandu valley sightseeing.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu and Drive to Trisuli. Overnight at Guest House / Similar
Drive from Trisuli to Kerung
- Drive from Trisuli to Kerung (6 hours, 149km). Overnight at Guest house / Hotel Shanghai / Similar
Drive from Kerung to Saga
- Drive from Kerung to Saga (5-6 hours, 4640m). Overnight at Guest house/ Hotel Grand international
Acclimatization Day at saga
- Acclimatization Day at saga .Overnight at Guest house / Similar
Drive from Saga to Lake Manasarovar
- Drive from Saga to Lake Manasarovar (6-8 hours, 277km, 4558m). Overnight at Chui Gompa Parmarth Ashram or Similar
Drive to Darchen
- Exploration Day. Drive to Darchen (1 hour, 40km, 4575m). Overnight at Hotel
Drive from Darchen to Yamadwar
- Kailash Kora. Drive from Darchen to Yamadwar and trek to Derapuk (5-6 hours, 4900m). Overnight at Guest house
Trek to Zuthulphuk via Dolma La Pass
- Kailash Kora. Trek to Zuthulphuk via Dolma La Pass (8-9 hours, 19km, 4760m). Overnight at Guest house
Drive back to Saga
- Kailash Kora. Drive back to Saga. Overnight at Guest house / Hotel Grand International
Drive back to Kerung
- Drive back to Kerung. Overnight at Guest house / Trekkers Inn
Drive back to Kathmandu
- Drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel Vaishali / Hotel Royal Singi/ Yellow Pagoda or Similar (1350m)
- Final departure to home
Download Route Map
- Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
- Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
- A valid passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the sojourn.
Please note that diplomatic passports are not allowed.
- PIO/OCI or any other ID cards are not accepted in Tibet.
- Indian Passport holders do not require a visa for Nepal.
The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
VISA PROCESS FOR NRI
- Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal.
- For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 4 working days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration.
For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 4 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
- All ground transportation by private vehicle
- Kathmandu – Kerung – Kathmandu by Tourist Bus
- Airport Pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included (Veg only)
- Enough Drinking water included
Mention in the itinerary in the basis twin sharing in Nepal and Tibet and group sharing in Kailash Region.
Visas & Permit
- Hilsa Permit / Tibet Visa & Permit Included
- All necessary entrance fees in Nepal and Tibet
- Special Kailash Manasarovar Permit
- Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries and temples
GUIDE, STAFFS & SUPPORTERS
- Nepali Guide and Tibetan Guide
- Nepali Crew members in Kailash Region
- Enough oxygen cylinders
- Gamow Bags & Other necessary equipment
- Down Jacket non-refundable basis
- Monkey hat/ Day pack bag/ Duffel bag
- International flight ticket charges.
- Personal horse for riding (It costs approx. INR. 30,000 for three days).
- Porter during the parikrama (It costs approx. INR. 15,000 for three days).
- Bottled soft drinks and beverages (coke, fanta, energy drinks, etc.)
- Personal expenses, laundry, telephone service etc.
- Nepal visa fees for NRI’s. Visa splitting charge & transport cost in case of emergency or on early return.
- Personal medicine, personal travel insurance and insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation.
- Any extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances and natural calamity.
- Extra hotel night in Kathmandu incase of early return from Tibet
- Tips & gratitude’s for staff
- Adjustment in Nepal (refund or service) against any unutilized services in Tibet
China visa for KMY
- China Embassy usually takes 4 working days for granting such visa. So the NRI Yatrees are requested to come and stay 4 days early for applying the visa.
The China Embassy has changed the Visa rule for Indians travelling to Kailash Manasarovar and with immediate effect all Indian passports are to be presented to China Embassy in Delhi for visa purpose irrespective of Nationality of the traveler. China Embassy usually takes 06 working days for granting such visa. For non-Indian passport holders visa to visit Kailash Manasarovar can be applied with China Embassy in Kathmandu with sufficient time to embassy for grant of visa. China Embassy usually takes 02 working days for granting such visa. So the NRI Yatrees are requested to come and stay 2 days early for applying the visa.
Sometimes due to last minute changes in the government rules or in case of natural calamities like floods, landslides, etc., a few changes in the itinerary may happen. We seek your cooperation at these times.
Itinerary and schedules are subject to change in event of unfavorable weather condition. Sankara Yatra reserves right to change date or cancel the trip under the circumstances beyond its control.
- Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
- Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
- Upon the confirmation of booking advance payment of Rs.30000 which is nonrefundable.
- In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
- Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
- All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) & passport original while traveling by air.
- The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in itinerary by the Chinese authorities etc.
- Rs.30,000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
- No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Mode of Payment:
DD / Cheque
DD/Cheque has to be drawn in favour of “Sankara Yatra” payable at Bangalore.
Online / NEFT
You can also deposit cash or make online/NEFT payment in favour of Sankara Yatra
|Payee Name||Sankara Yatra|
|Bank Name||State Bank of India|
|A/C type||Current A/C|
|Payee Name||Sankara Yatra|
|Bank Name||Corporation Bank|
Place of Booking
Corporate Office: Bangalore
Address: #64, 8th cross, New BEL Road, Bengaluru-560054
Phone: 080 43000900