Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 M). Overnight at Hotel
- Welcome at the Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu. Our representative will greet you and escort you to the hotel for check-in and stay overnight.
Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing and Trip Preparation. Overnight at Hotel
- After breakfast sightseeing of major heritage sites of Kathmandu valley. Visit Pashupatinath, Swoyanbhunath and Kathmandu Durbar squire. Back to hotel and stay at trip briefing. Free time for shopping and packing for your trip. Overnight at Hotel.
Fly Kathmandu – Lhasa Transfer To The Airport For Your Flight To Lhasa. Overnight At Hotel
- On your arrival to Tibet, we will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. Taking it slow the rest of today, you can adjust to the altitude easier and quicker. Remember to drink plenty of water and get plenty of sleep for the long journey ahead.
Sightseeing In Lhasa. Overnight At Hotel
- Visit Lhasa today. Potala palace, A oldest palace of Dalai Lama, Norbulinka palace, the first Buddhist’s temple of Tibet and Drepung Monastery. Visit Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery build in 15th century and located few miles from Lhasa city and tradition Tibetan market Barkhor squire.
Drive Lhasa - Gyantse (3950). - Shigatse (3900). Overnight At Hotel
- Further, our way lies in capital of a province of Tsang - Shigatse - residence Panchen Lama - the second ecclesiastic of Tibet. Early in the morning excursion in a monastery of Tashilhunpo (it is based in 1447), visiting of a temple of the Buddha of the future - Maytreya and also other temples of a monastery. Night in hotel
Drive Shigatse - Lhatse (Altitude 4050 M.) Overnight At Hotel
- The journey today brings you over two high of more than 5000 miter passes with fine views. For overnight we stop in the town of Lhatse.
Lhatse- Saga- /4450m 250 Km. Overnight At Guest House
- Driving day over the sandy and rocky land of Tibet, other things like lake, nomads chasing thousands of yaks and sheep keep you busy. By the late afternoon you will cross Bhramha Purtra River way to typical Chinese and Tibetan town, Saga for night.
Drive To Manasarover Via Paryang (4558m) 277km 8 Hours, Overnight At Guest House
- Day starts with full of excitement, by the late afternoon you can have the first sight of Holy Kailash Parbat and Manasarovara. Here, a small village nearby Lake Manasarover, we will spend a night there.
Exploration Of Lake Manasarovar And Drive To Tarchen (14975ft) 40km. Overnight At Guest House
- Manasarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable morning Bath and Puja we will be heading towards Tarchen. It is considered as a base camp for the Holy Kailash Parikrama.
Kailash Parikrama. Drive To Valley Of The God And Trek To Derapuk/4909m. Overnight At Guest House
- It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky make you feeling that Great God Shiva is everywhere with tons of blessing to you. Time to time the face of Kailash Parbat will keep on appearing. For 15 km trail it takes almost 6 hrs.
Trek To Zuthulphuk By Crossing Dolma La Pass (5613m). Overnight At Guest House
- Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage Yatra with Dolma-La (pass) of 18600ft between two valleys. Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass. Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget yourself. Once your steps go down, Parvati-stal and Gauri Kunda are on the way. By the late afternoon, you will arrive Zuthal Puk (the cave of Miracles. The great ascetic Milerappa is supposed to have performed miracles here).
Finish Kailash Parikrama And Drive Back To Saga. Overnight At Guest House
- After walking 3 hours, all the driving crew will be waiting your arrival. By the late afternoon you will be at your lodge in Saga.
Drive To Shigatse. Overnight At Hotel
- Easy day onward today. We take easy driving back to Shigatse town which is second biggest town of Tibet. You can make late afternoon walking tour.
Drive To Lhasa. Overnight At Hotel
- Continue drive to Lhasa city and transfer to Hotel. Prepare your bag for flight back to Kathmandu tomorrow.
Fly Back To Kathmandu And Transfer To Hotel
- Early in the morning drive to Gonggar Airport from Lhasa. It is 90 km and takes 2 hours. Reach Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. Rest
Departure To Home Or Further Program In Nepal
- we drop you to International airport for your final departure. Or continue for your further trip in Nepal.
Download Route Map
VISA PROCESS FOR NRI
- Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
- Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
A valid passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the sojourn. Please note that diplomatic passports are not allowed.
- PIO/OCI or any other ID cards are not accepted in Tibet.
- Indian Passport holders do not require a visa for Nepal.
The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
VISA PROCESS FOR NRI
- Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal.
- For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 4 working days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration.
For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 3 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
China visa for KMY
- China Embassy usually takes 4 working days for granting such visa. So the NRI Yatrees are requested to come and stay 4 days early for applying the visa.
- All arrival & departure arrangement
- Twin Sharing accommodation at Star category Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation in Lhasa, Shigaste, Lhatse including Breakfast
- Group Sharing Guest House in Kailash Region from Saga
- Veg foods from Local restaurants
- One half-day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley
- Flight Ticket of Kathmandu - Lhasa – Kathmandu
- All Entrance fees
- Private transportation in Kathmandu
- All transportations by Van / Bus in Kailash/ Tibet
- Government license holder Tibetan Guide
- Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries
- Normal Tibet Entry Visa fee
- Special Kailash and Manasarovar Permit
- One down Jacket to each pilgrim on returnable basis plus Certificate on successful completion of Holy Yatra which retains nostalgic memories even years after undertaking this once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage tour.
- Oxygen cylinder
- Emergency Rescue Management
- Yak to Carry your goods during Kailash Parikrama
- Emergency evacuations/Rescue expenses, if required.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Personal horse and Helper during Kailash round/ Parikrama
- Travel & Medical Insurance Permissions and other official formalities
- Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure.
- Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
- Upon the confirmation of booking advance payment of Rs.30,000 which is nonrefundable.
- In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equvalent currency.
- Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our term and condition
- All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) & passport original while traveling by air.
- The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstance beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in itinerary by the Chinese authorities etc.
- Rs.30,000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
- No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Mode of Payment:
DD / Cheque
DD/Cheque has to be drawn in favour of “Sankara Yatra” payable at Bangalore.
Online / NEFT
You can also deposit cash or make online/NEFT payment in favour of Sankara Yatra
|Payee Name||Sankara Yatra|
|Bank Name||State Bank of India|
|A/C type||Current A/C|
|Payee Name||Sankara Yatra|
|Bank Name||Corporation Bank|
China visa for KMY
The China Embassy has changed the Visa rule for Indians travelling to Kailash Manasarovar and with immediate effect all Indian passports are to be presented to China Embassy in Delhi for visa purpose irrespective of Nationality of the traveller. China Embassy usually takes 06 working days for granting such visa. For non-Indian passport holders visa to visit Kailash Manasarovar can be applied with China Embassy in Kathmandu with sufficient time to embassy for grant of visa. China Embassy usually takes 02 working days for granting such visa. So the NRI Yatrees are requested to come and stay 2 days early for applying the visa.
Sometimes due to last minute changes in the government rules or in case of natural calamities like floods, landslides, etc., a few changes in the itinerary may happen. We seek your cooperation at these times.
Place of Booking
Corporate Office: Bangalore
Address: #64, 8th cross, New BEL Road, Bengaluru-560054
Phone: 080 43000900 / 9902209565